Petunia Limbo *GP*
With the creation of the Limbo series of grandiflora Petunias, Hem Genetics changed the future of Petunia breeding forever. This series, developed by traditional flower breeding, incorporates a gene that imparts natural dwarfness to the varieties that minimizes or eliminates the need for the use of plant growth regulators (PGRs) for growers. This results in saving both material and labor costs, which then further results into a more compact and free flowering performance in the landscape with minimal maintenance compared to standard Petunias. As the anchor to our Low Grow line of PGR-free products, Hem Genetics continued to refine Limbo Petunias. As of 2017, the original genetics have all been replaced by the Limbo *GP* varieties, with the same non-stretching habit but even better Garden Performance and vigor in the landscape.
Another breeding breakthrough was achieved in 2017 with the release of three, red, rose and burgundy Picotee colors. Blue picotee will soon be added to the color range.
A growers mixture with major colors is composed which provides a more uniform plug tray performance and appearance. It’s specifically intended for plug producers who strive for a better plug tray uniformity.
Our latest blending is called picotee mixture. In addition to the growers mixture, full mixture and the new picotee mixture, there is Heather’s mix which has been created by and named as a tribute to Heather Will-Browne, the color-guru at Walt Disney World Horticulture, for use in their parks.
Limbo *GP* offers following great features:
• Minimal to no use of growth regulators (PGRs)
• Naturally better branching with shorter internodes
• Non-stretching during production
• Non-stretching on retail benches, longer shelflife at retail
• Extra-large flower size
• Perfect performance in containers, borders and landscape
• Profuse quantities of flowers for garden color throughout the season
• Fast recovery from weather/rain damage
• Easy to grow with little maintenance
• Much less splitting/lodging in the landscape compared to non-genetic dwarf petunias
• No use of PGRs enables ECO friendly production
|Use:||packs, pots, containers, hanging baskets, beds and borders|
|Height in pot:||10-15 cm (4-6 in.)|
|Garden height:||20-25 cm (8-10 in.)|
|Garden width:||25-30 cm (10-12 in.)|
|Seed count:||8.000-11.000 s/gram (227.000-312.000 s/oz.)|
|Seed form:||normal and pelleted|